MedWin Publishers strongly believes that every member of the editorial board plays an important role in sustaining the standards in Open Access Publishing. Editor stimulates the quality of a publication and also should take the whole responsibility for its reputation and entire content of the journal and peer review process. MedWin Publishers welcomes professors, researchers, scientists and medical practitioners who are interested in serving as volunteer editors.
Editor Guidelines and Responsibilities:
- Editors should contribute to Journal development and management through generous relationship with other board members.
- Editors should ensure a proficient peer review process under eminent reviewers and they should be careful to maintain confidentiality throughout the process.
- Editors should ensure the protection of individual data and maintain confidentiality and are responsible for assuring the integrity in the published work.
- Editors can review the submitted manuscripts at their feasible time only and if time does not allow for reviewing the manuscript, editors can suggest other reviewers.
- Manuscripts may be assigned to two or three key reviewers in related research field, selection of reviewers is completely depended on the editor of a particular journal.
- The ultimate decision regarding acceptance, modification and rejection of a manuscript rests only with the editor. He/She should cross check the content quality, writing style and construction, grammar, spellings, data presentation and organization prior to take the final decision.
- All the editors are welcome to submit their valuable manuscripts at their feasible time.
- Editors should monitor the reviews to comprise clear suggestions and honest corrections that reflect amiability rather than unfair language or offensive criticism.
- Should encourage submission of quality articles by writing Editorials on the Journal's performance.
- Should ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere. If the paper found plagiarized or infringed, the Editor has the right to reject the article straight away.
- Should supervise and support the publisher in handling complaints and appeals, responding genuinely to ethical problems regarding publication of any duplicate or fraudulent work.